Security Policy – General
First Assembly of God
Printed Date: 3/27/02
1. Any and all volonteer ministry workers, staff, and employees of First Assembly of God Church will be a church member, having completed any and all requirements and request forms, and will have filled out an “APPLICATION FOR CHILDREN’S AND YOUTH WORKERS” form. This Form is to be processed according to the following steps.
A) Personal information filled out will be reviewed by Pastor or his designate. B) Personal References are to be contacted to verify the information given. D) All names are to be run thru Florida Department of Law Enforcement Sexual Offender Database online. (http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Sexual_Predators/search.asp) E) All names will be submitted to the Senior Pastor for Approval. F) All names, which pass, will be submitted to ministry head for acceptance.
2. Nursery: All Nursery workers will be approved and screened workers in line with policy one. There will be a minimum of two workers in the nursery at all times, and more as attendance figures dictate. All infants and toddlers will be signed in by their parent or guardian, along with any special instructions or needs. When the child is picked up at the end of the service, they are to be signed out by the SAME parent, or by the person listed in the special instructions area. Any person trying to retrieve a child who is not listed as having access to that child will be denied access.
3. Sunday School: All Sunday School Teachers will be approved and screened in line with policy one. Due to class dynamics, two adult teachers is encouraged, though not required. If there is only one adult teacher in a classroom, the door to that room is to be left open. If at any time there is only one child in that class due to others being absent, teachers are to combine their class with the next available age group, so that at NO time will there be a single adult alone with a single child. Attendance records are to be kept. At the end of Sunday School, teachers of children’s classes are to escort their charges to the sign up table at the entrance to the Children’s Church Sanctuary.
4. Royal Rangers (Boys): All Royal Ranger Commanders will be approved and screened in line with policy one. Due to class dynamics, two adult teachers is encouraged, though not required. If there is only one adult teacher in a classroom, the door to that room is to be left open. If at any time there is only one child in that class due to others being absent, teachers are to combine their class with the next available age group, so that at NO time will there be a single adult alone with a single child. Attendance records are to be kept. Boys will be dropped of by parents at the appropriate classroom on Wednesday night previous to service at 7:00. The boys will be under supervision of the commanders until the parents return to take charge of their children.
5. Missionettes (Girls) Missionettes' policies are the same as Royal Rangers, with the exception that all Missionettes leaders shall be women.
6. Children’s Church: Children’s Church workers will follow above listed procedures, as well as follow guidelines listed in the Children’s Ministry Handbook.
7. General Facilities: All classrooms will be secured by double key deadbolt when not in use. Classrooms will be checked to be vacant before being secured. Since the deadbolt has a key on both the interior and exterior, it is not possible for someone to lock themselves in a room. When a building or section of a building is not to be in use, any reasonable means shall be employed to restrict access to that building or section thereof. Access to these rooms and areas is to be gained through ministry leaders and/or staff.
8. Patrols: Security patrols will be held regularly during all services. These patrols shall consist of men and/or women cleared by policy one, as well as approved by the Senior Pastor for this assigned duty. Patrols shall conduct a circuit of the patrol area approximately once each twenty minuets (20 min.). They shall check all unused rooms and areas to be they are secure and vacant according to policy seven above; shall supervise parking area for unsupervised children or loitering people, as well as generally guard premises and vehicles. Any children found unsupervised will be returned to their parents immediately. Any adults found on the property outside of ministry areas without cause will be asked to return to the service or to leave the premises. This is to protect children and property from harm, as well as protect the adult from any unfounded accusations. Patrols will also be sure that classrooms in use are staffed in accordance with above listed procedure. If classes are not staffed in accordance with above procedures, patrols are to remedy the situation in accordance with above policies, and to inform the head of that ministry area.